Thursday 21 July 2011

The Sign

A friend of mine posted a picture of this 'EXIT' signpost she found.

As you can see, below the exit it says 'Live Beyond Yourself

I heard this speaker the other day, he said "Our generation cared only for ourselves and our self promotion, I think you generation seems to want to do a little more than that. " I dunno if its true or not. ( The 'angel' on my shoulder is convinced its true and
the 'devil'; well, is in this position : ROFL ) ( Personally, I think the devil and the angel are inter-changeable, I believe in relativity, no absolute good or bad )

Or is it like the skipping a generation issue? We had the grand nationalistic pride for like 25 years after independence (pre emergency sorta), we had the self serving middle class for the next 25 and we seem to be entering an era where people do seem to care about the country again (Again, Are we? ). Extrapolating, should I expect my kid to be self centred? This is assuming, I am nobel. ( I guess by this time the devil on the shoulder is banging his fist, clutching at his sides and begging me to stop )

Whatever it may be, the sign is powerful. It's not telling you exactly what to do. It allows you to interpret it anyway you want. You might just do that by say, posting a blog about it ( this was not the intention :P ) or making charity a habit or taking out time for your family or simply by not thinking about the 'Faayda' in every decision of your life.

The next exit takes you to 'Living Beyond Yourself'. The best thing about it, it will come time and again. So don't worry, you'll never miss the opportunity to take it.

Take Care

4 comments:

Madhu Singh said...

i like! :)

Aniket said...

Nice perspective

Ashish said...

Like :) Indeed a food for thought... :)

Onkar Parrikar said...

It so happens that I have an angel and a devil hovering above my shoulders. The angel says "Very well said! I love the conclusion." The devil says "Did she mean 'nobel' or 'noble'?"