Wednesday 2 January 2008

Home Decor

I know that for all of you who would be kind enough to read my blog, the whole title would sound wierd.
This all started with me reading the India Today Supplement called Home and obviously the Real Estate boom that is in news almost everyday.
I have always imagined my home, the space where I plan to lead a happy civilian life( that comes from being an IAF kid) my Dream House.
When I flick through the magazine I pick out the sofa I would like to have, the curtains, and the other nicknacks. (Sorry, this is not the purpose of this post)
But then I look at the cost of the items mentioned, and the only thing that strikes me is can a middle class Indian really afford to have a stylish, elegant yet simplistic home ever?
When a simple light fixture can cost up to Rs 5000. Is the ordinary Indian supposed to live with tube lights alone. The whole thing depresses me.
Am I suppose to spend close to 2 Lakhs in getting decent house appliances ( without furniture that is) when the Tata's are planning to launch a Rs 1 Lakh Car.
So the question I leave you with is " Should an Ordinary man dream of a dream house in India?"
Take Care.

No comments: